Banksia Blue Studio is committed to protecting the environment, the health and safety of our employees, and the community in which we conduct our business. It is our policy to seek continual improvement throughout our business operations to lessen our impact on the local and global environment by conserving energy, water and other natural resources; reducing waste generation; recycling and reducing our use of toxic materials. We are committed to environmental excellence and pollution prevention, meeting or exceeding all environmental regulatory requirements, and to purchasing products which have greater recycled content with lower toxicity and packaging, that reduce the use of natural resources.
Banksia Blue Studio will give preference in purchasing products and services that have the following environmentally friendly attributes with acceptable parameters for price, quality and delivery:
- Maximizes post-consumer recycled content.
- Minimizes packaging and other wastes.
- Minimizes toxicity.
- Are durable and reusable.
- Are more locally available to minimize transportation.
- Are made from sustainably produced materials.
- Are compostable or biodegradable.
- Conserves energy, water and other natural resources.
Banksia Blue Studio will strive, where feasible, to purchase environmentally preferable products and services to meet the company’s office and operational needs. We will also favor suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance, provide environmentally preferable products, and who can document the supply chain impacts of their efforts.
Wherever possible, purchasing decisions will favour products that:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Are made with renewable energy.
- Reduce pollution from all discharges (releases to air, water, and land).
- Reduce the use of toxic materials hazardous to the environment, employees and public health.
- Contain the highest possible percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
- Reduce packaging and other waste.
- Are energy efficient.
- Conserve water.
- Are reusable and/or durable.
- Minimise transportation (local sources, concentrated products).
- Serve several functions (examples: copiers/printers, multipurpose cleaners) to reduce the number of products purchased.
Environmentally preferable products and services that are comparable in quality to their standard counterparts will receive a purchasing preference. In situations where the most environmentally preferable product is unavailable or impractical, secondary considerations will include production methods and the environmentally and socially responsible management practices of suppliers and producers. Environmentally preferable purchasing is part of our long-term commitment to the environment. By sending a clear signal to producers and suppliers about this commitment, we hope to support wider adoption of environmentally preferable products and practices.
Suzanne Bobsien and Lisa McDonald
Managing Directors 1 September 2019